The first hour was consumed with completing Easter crafts. The children had five groups to choose from - only two of which were required. They could dye an Easter egg, color Easter bunny pages, make an Easter bunny puppet, make an Easter treat, or make an Easter egg that opens up to reveal a chick inside. The children were required to dye an Easter egg and make the treat (probably so there wasn't any whining later at snack time!).
I was in charge of the treat with our neighbor Jesse. My hands were so sticky I didn't take any pictures but I did find a replica online. The children pushed rice crispy treats into a bowl for a nest. Then we stuck half of a Twinkie into that for a chick's head. Then the children put a jellybean sticking out as the beak, chocolate chips as the eyes, and pinned two tangerines to his body with a toothpick as wings. Super cute!








After all of the crafts, Miss Grosso called the children to the carpet. She then said, "Listen! I hear something crying." We could hear someone whimpering outside. She walked to the back door and opened it - she found the Easter bunny outside crying. She brought him inside and he told his sad tale to the children.
Unfortunately he had run into a wolf who had stolen all the Easter eggs. He needed the children's help to find all of the eggs again. Off they went in search of eggs.
Can I just mention how awesome it was to see the children so interested and believing. I don't want Jared to outgrow this phase!!!
Then the children went outside to help the bunny recover his eggs. Here is the hunt!

Afterward they returned to the classroom to ensure that everyone got one of each color of egg. Jared was listening so attentively that she mentioned him and then let his table group go to recess first. I was so proud of him until he LOUDLY said, "Miss Grosso let our table go first because I was being so good!" We'll work on the humility piece!
I kissed him goodbye and went to sign out at the office. As I was leaving I could see him by the fence playing with some friends. He had something in his hands...I went over to investigate. Any ideas what he had??? How well do you know our Jay?
Yep, roly polys. He was teaching his friends all the things we had read about them. Our little nature boys continues his efforts to find and "save" nature...
2 comments:
Great stories...and cute ideas! :) I hope Sammy gets a fun teacher too! I think the roly poly picture is great too!! :)
You're SO lucky that you are able to go help out in the class and that Jared has such an incredible teacher!! It was good seeing you Sunday!!
Post a Comment