Sunday, April 5, 2009

Run Like the Wind!

On Friday Jared's school held a Jog-a-thon to make some money for the school. Jared was excited to participate and I was excited to cheer for him! Jared had a full cheering squad there: Annette came with Liz and Lucas, Grandma Driggs stopped by, and I left work for a bit. I'm sure everyone is dying to see a full montage of pictures from the event so of course I will oblige...

Before the jogging began everyone was in good spirits.


Of course some serious stretching (look at that concentration!) had to occur before any exercising could commence.


Then the group was off! I was madly cheering for Jared as he raced around the track when I looked down and saw this:


Liz seriously wanted to join the group. To be honest, I was a little nervous about this since she is a lightweight and there were some bigger kids running. There had already been a huge pile up when the race began. I finally decided that it would be fine - but then she had to be cajoled into joining! She finally saw Jared and joined in chasing after him!


Here is Jared at the end of the "race." He ran 10 laps... Great job, Jared!


Of course Luke was there too, fiercely eating cheerios in between "ba ba ba"-ing for his big brother. He's been a little under the weather this week - don't look too closely.


And finally some live action shots. Here is Jared racing around the track after a brief water break:

1 comment:

jen and michael said...

here is our comment...
we like you. you are funny. your sons are cute. your daughter as well. we're glad he rocked his ten laps but we are sad that we didn't get to sponsor him.