Last night was our ward party; it had a hoe down theme and was a ton of fun! The kids had a blast getting dressed up as cowboys and a cowgirl. Even Lucas rocked the Western theme with this ensemble.
He wasn't digging the hat though and it only stayed on for the picture! (As a side note he has 1 and 1/4 teeth on the top now too!).
Jared and Liz wore jeans, black shirts (we were on the "black and white" team), cowboy boots, neckties, belt buckles and hats. They started going a little overboard with the accessories but they were having so much fun we just rolled with it. (Liz's North Shore hat isn't exactly cowgirl attire but she was adamant that she wear it so for this night it was!).
There were lots of fun things to do at the party. Unfortunately my camera battery was nearly dead so I could only capture a few. First, there were dancing lessons! Here are Danny and Liz doing the slide.

Then Lucas had his big competition for the night. He was in a crawling contest - with one other baby! How sad is our ward that so few babies live in it! We need more young blood in California. I digress. Lucas immediately took off crawling but not towards me - he crawled toward the other Mommy because she was smart and brought food as an incentive! When he got about 1 foot from the finish line he suddenly stopped and wouldn't go any further!
It took Daddy getting down on the floor to finally coerce him across the finish line. They said he won but I think the other family is really the winners; if you can put your baby down and not have him crawl all over everywhere but just sit nicely on the floor where you put him - priceless!
Luke was obviously overjoyed with his victory. Or maybe he was exhausted.
I have no other pictures to share but we also enjoyed a chili cook off (I brought my mom's low fat turkey chili!), rootbeer floats, a horseshoe toss, a cow milking contest, a lasso toss, and an Easter egg chase for the Primary kids. Overall, we had a great time. Jared and Liz ran around playing the entire time and Lucas was a trooper considering we went home nearly 3 hours AFTER his bedtime.
5 comments:
Cute pics and clothes. Where did you find all of the themed outfits--did you already have all of that stuff!? Looks like a fun activity!
They are just clothes from our closets! They provided the black and white bandannas at the party...
What a fun ward family!! way to go luke on the race!! And I love the outfits, especially that they are just from stuff around your house!
That looks like it was a blast! I love the outfits!
I love Lizzys boots!
-
Post a Comment