First, Danny showed up at my work in the morning completely surprising me with a dozen multi-colored roses. I didn't take a picture of them if you can believe my ingratitude! I must have been thrown off since I was working. Here is a weak sample of what they sort of looked like. Of course all of the women in my office were in awe of my amazing husband - myself included!

Then right before I was supposed to leave work Danny showed up again to pick me up. He had arranged for my Mom to babysit so we could enjoy a dinner sans children! We drove to Long Beach (wasn't that trip an adventure in itself, Danny?!) to a beautiful restaurant called The Reef. It was right on the water, and as we ate dinner we watched the day turn to night. The night view was just as beautiful with the lights reflecting off of the water. These pictures don't do the view justice!


After dinner we went outside for a bit to check out the view and then headed toward home. I was anxious to see the kids since they had been so excited in the morning that it was my birthday. When we got home everyone was still awake! The kids had made a cake for me earlier in the day with Annette. They met me outside and made me close my eyes and be led into the house. They led me to the table where my cake and homemade cards were waiting! We sang, everyone helped blow out the candles, and then we tasted the cake. A perfect ending!

Thank you Danny for making my birthday so incredible! I loved every minute of it. I couldn't have planned a better day for myself. I love you!
2 comments:
What an awesome birthday! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful family that loves you so much! It's important for us "moms" to be appreciated! :)
What a wonderful husband. I will have Jeff read that so he can start planning for my next b-day. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day.
Post a Comment