Saturday, January 17, 2009

Roseola What?

Probably the saddest part of the trip for me and Lucas was the fact that Luke came down with Roseola the day we headed to Utah. It started with a fever and ended with an all over body rash. He was somewhat lethargic and had a fever the first few days we were there. He wasn't sleeping well (which means I wasn't sleeping well either!) and I could tell he just didn't feel like himself. He was extra clingy and wanted to sleep even when he had just woken up. On the 3rd day he broke out in a rash. First it was just on his head and then it spread everywhere. He was definitely out of sorts and it was just sad to see him! I don't have a good picture of his illness (curses to my darn camera battery!) but here is one on our last day in Utah. His rash was fading but if you click on the picture you can still sort of see his spots and his eyes are swollen and red. He was a sad mess but finally seemed to feel better the day we left! At least he finally had a good night's sleep that night. A huge thank you to Grandpa and Michael who volunteered to hold him for me numerous times when I just needed a break. I'm just thankful he's back to his sweet self now.

2 comments:

jen and michael said...

You're welcome! I was happy to hold me surrogate son!

jen and michael said...

soooo sad...sick little babies are just so sad...