Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Word from Jared

Jared came home from school on Thursday and decided to build a huge dinosaur town in his bedroom. Here are a few pictures (that he took himself) and his description of the town.


"Hi, this is Jared. This is how I builded it. I didn't let Lizzie help me because she kept trying to break it and step on it. I took all of my play time away by building it. Lizzie made all of the food and let me think, oh yea, now I remember, I think that she was having a fun time making the food. And this is how I builded my dinos. I put them all in certain pods with same dinos. First, I used some blocks but there weren't enough. So then I used some other things until there were enough. Then some people kept knocking it down so then I had to make it a little bigger. I also felt happy that I made it. And I also made it as big as I could until all of the dinos could fit and it took over my whole room! There were some big dinos and some little dinos. The big dinos got to be by themselves together - the big dinos got to be next to each other in the big one. And I also did let Lizzie help a little but not a lot. First it was just a little town and only the Velociraptors and the Brachiosauruses had a spot. Then I made it a little bigger until I could fit the Ankylosauruses, then I builded it a little bigger so I could fit the Stegosauruses then I built it big enough the T-Rexes and Allosaurus could fit. I also builded it big enough that it could fit - wait, I skipped something between T-rexes - then after I made it big enough the Stegosauruses wouldn't fit in their spot because there was a big one so I made a bigger one using my train tracks. I had to make it tall enough that the little guys couldn't break through. Then Mom came home and I showed her my town."


Hmm, I wonder from whom Jared gets his long-winded, run-on, compound sentences?

5 comments:

jen and michael said...

yeah, you would think the son of a former english teacher would have better diction... Certainly glad that Lizzy was able to help in the project.

EvaMarieva said...

He amazes me all the time. What a fun boy you have!

Dan and Cat said...

"I like your notes to me! Thanks for sending me a very good note. You're my favorite teacher, Sister Eva. Mikey & Jen & Ethan (pronounced Efan) I liked your note and I'm happy that you liked my town. Love, Jared"

b + j = calculus said...

love it!

Allison said...

:) That's J for you!! :)