
Needless to say, Dan and I were very proud of him! He really does try very hard to be a good kid. He has even started saying, "Please help me to make good decisions" in his prayers at night. Granted it is usually followed up by "...so I can bring home a green card" but still, he's trying to be a good kid.

Since we're on the subject of Jared and kindergarten, please indulge a mother for a moment. Jared is in his second month of kindergarten and is already on his 4th set of flashcards. (The teacher gives them flashcards that they have to learn at home - when he knows them then she quizzes him and he receives a new set). He can read over 200 words (the number of words he's had on the flashcards!) and is getting pretty good at reading to me at night. Have I said enough lame Mom stuff yet? I guess I'm just proud of my boy.

Jared's favorite part? His Grandma Fong made the trip down from Granada Hills for it and stayed to work in his classroom for the rest of the day!!! Jared got to share his lunch with her (she forgot her lunch pail!) and was very happy to have Grandma in his classroom!
5 comments:
so fun to get to have family come and help and your mom and dad come and see you get fun awards. You truly have an amazing boy. I can only hope that ethan turns out that cool.
Doesn't Jared know that he has a relative that can pull some strings and get him a better green card? Tee hee. We are very proud of you Jared! Keep up the excellent work and do not forget that knowing is half the battle! We love you!
Wow! Go Jared! (By the way, thanks for the return comment). That must have been a pretty special and fun day to have Grandma, Mom & Dad come to your class. You are such a smart and good kid and I love you. Thanks for having your mom share you accomplishment. (Cathy & Danny-you have such an amazing son!)
Congratulations Jared! Nik and Jax were super excited to hear about your cool award at school!!
He is a good kid if I don't mind sayin' so myself! :) Congrats!!!
Post a Comment