Monday, December 1, 2008

Parents, Please be Specific

A few months back (when I wasn't a blogger - thus the late entry) we were driving home from church and the following conversation occurred:

Jared: "Mom! I have to go to the bathroom right now!"

Mom: "Jared...can you hold it??? We're almost home."

Jared: "I don't think I can hold it Mom. I'll try!"

A few minutes later...

Mom: "Okay, we're pulling onto our street - undo your seat belt right now. When the car stops, jump out and you can go!"

We pull up to the house, I jump out of the car and RUN to the door to unlock it so Jared can get inside to relieve himself. But Jared isn't next to me. I turn around and see this:


I guess I should have said, "RUN IN THE HOUSE and you can go."

Thanks Uncle Mikey for the pictures. What a fun day for you to follow us home!

9 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Ok, that is the funniest thing ever! I can't stop laughing. Thanks for sharing!

jen and michael said...

I totally forgot about that, and now like Amy, I can not stop laughing either. I am sure I'll check back multiple times later in the day to renew the laughter!

EvaMarieva said...

That is just a great picture and story to keep for future use. Thanks for the laugh!

The Greathouse Family said...

HaHa! So funny! When you have to "go"- you have to GO!

Jeff and Krishawn said...

That is the fun thing about boys!!! Who needs a bathroom when you can go anywhere.

Grace Tolman said...

hilarious!!! YOu're soo good at having your camera right there when the "action" happens.
Don't tell anyone but I've had Marcus do this too. *wink*

AZ Powells said...

this is the best story ever - what great blackmal material for the teenage years!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is another reason I am so excited to have a little boy running around my house! All my friends with little boys tell me these stories that are boy specific! :) This is so funny!

Allison said...

Wow! You didn't tell me this story! This is a classic. And, Mikey, this picture couldn't have been composed better! :)