Monday, December 22, 2008

Future Boy Scout?

Today Jared said, "Mom, stick your arm out." I obliged and he placed a piece of curling ribbon around it. He then took a few steps back and pulled on the ribbon - it immediately tightened around my wrist. I said, "Hey! Where did you get that?" He gave me the you're so lame, Mom expression (sure to be seen more and more in the future as he ages...) and said, "It's a slip knot, Mom."


What? Since when does my 5 year old make slip knots? And where in the world did he learn the word slip knot?? Upon questioning he explained that my mom taught him how to make slip knots. Interesting - perhaps he can teach me how to make one next! Unfortunately I was a boring subject (too easy to catch) and so he moved on to his poor brother who can't crawl very fast yet.

3 comments:

jen and michael said...

I doubt Jared will ever cease to amaze me with the smart and silly things he says. Gotta love Lucas' lakers clothes too

jen and michael said...

oh, and we love liz too...

Anonymous said...

Gotta love it! It's sad that he's smarter than we are eh?!