Sunday, March 22, 2009

Nine Months of Baby Love


I forgot to post Luke's 9 month stats from his doctor visit last week. Here they are:

Height: 28.5" (50%)
Weight: 18 lbs. 1 oz. (10%)
Head: 18.27" (75%)

Yes, he too has dropped to the 10% in weight. I don't know what it is with my children - they all drop in weight even though I personally think they eat plenty. When Liz dropped to like 3% I was concerned and the Dr. said to me, "Don't worry, it's in their genes; their dad is very thin." I wasn't sure how to take that in reference to myself! :) At least Dan is skinny... I digress! Basically, the Dr. asked me a ton of questions about his progress (Does he babble? Does he wave? etc.) and then determined not to worry about his weight.


Lucas at 9 months:
  • Adores his siblings. Always following them around, using them to pull himself up, giggling at everything they do or say. Basically, idolizing them. I have trouble feeding him if they are behind him because he spends the entire time trying to twist far enough in his seat to see them.
  • Very active and mobile. No longer happy to be held (only a big pain at church!). Crawls everywhere - sometimes real crawling and sometimes using Jared's modified one leg up crawl.
  • Immediately pulls himself up to standing no matter where he is. Uses everything as a base for pulling himself up.
  • Has recently begun letting go and can stand on his own for a bit before crashing to his bum.
  • Only has 2 teeth - just recently got them in the last month! Finally enjoying cheerios and other small finger foods.
  • Just started sleeping through the night. I blame myself for being so late in this area! I just hate to hear him cry since he is normally such a happy little guy.
  • Goes to bed at 6:30. Usually wakes up around 8. (Although has started getting up around 6:30 this week now that he is not getting up in the middle of the night anymore...)
  • Loves sucking his thumb and rubbing my hair. Just like Liz...
  • Has started waving, although somewhat intermittently.
  • Loves to "talk" to us. Usually says, "Da da da da" or "Ba ba ba ba" no matter how often I say "Ma Ma" to him.
  • Just an all around relaxed, sweet little guy.

2 comments:

jen and michael said...

The only thing Ethan be jealous of is that hair...but still pretty cute!!

Allison said...

Cute pics, like always! He is a lightweight but we love him. You should have seen Uncle Thad's eyes light up last night when he was scrolling through your blog - he is pretty cute and loves this little guy!