Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Blood

Remember in the last post I said we have rooms we try to keep Luke out of? Here's the reason why.


On Saturday I was in the bathroom refilling our soap container when Lucas crawled in. He tried to pull himself up on our metal trashcan, which couldn't sustain his weight, and came tumbling down on top of him. I wasn't fast enough to save him and the trashcan sliced his face open. I felt guilty but I know this is only the start of the falls, tumbles and bruises that come as these little guys explore their surroundings and begin trying to stand, walk, and climb. I'm glad this time it was so minimal.

2 comments:

jen and michael said...

I cant wait for Ethan to get his first scar, then him and lucas can compare them later
-manglo

Jeff and Krishawn said...

I could totally imagine him falling with the trashcan. Poor little guy!!! He is lucky thats all the damage that happened. We call that a "Close Call". Thats what usually happens in our house...Close Calls!