Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Breakfast and Books!

Last Friday Jared's school invited Moms and Dads to come to school and enjoy breakfast and a book in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday! The students and Miss Grosso wore their pajamas to school. Jared opted for some dinosaur pj's - which I was shocked were looking a little on the short side. I guess my baby boy is growing!


When we got there, breakfast was set up outside on a few tables. They had a full spread! Jared ate a box of Lucky Charms, milk, 2 tangerines, fruit snacks, a small can of fruit, and a juice box. I was surprised at the variety offered. He took one of everything except a banana. We sat together at his desk while Miss Grosso began class.


Once everyone was settled, Miss Grosso began reading books to us. She did an excellent job and I noted a few things I could do differently while reading to the kiddos each night!


After 3 books it was time for the parents to leave. Jared was a little sad for me to leave so quickly but I think overall we were both very excited to have a some extra special time together.

2 comments:

jen and michael said...

Little Jared is growing up and making his Auntie and Uncle so proud of him.

-Michael
-ulsay

jen and michael said...

What did you learn from the way she was reading? I’m so curious! And yes we are in amazement at how big Jared is...especially in those pajamas!