Friday, February 20, 2009

Our Belated Valentine's Day Week!

On Valentine's Day Dan and I went to lunch together at the Panda Inn and then headed to the King's game with Annette and Vanessa. It was a great game - although there was a little TOO much fighting for my blood. The King's tied it with 30 seconds left, which led to overtime, and eventually led to shootouts. Thanks to Allie for taking on our 3 kids!!!



On Wednesday night Dan went to mutual as usual. Shortly after getting the kids in bed, I could hear whispering outside our front door. I waited until it was quiet and then peeked outside. Our door had been heart attacked by the youth for Danny! They also left a nice gift basket with little gifts for everyone in the family! I think he was really surprised when he returned home.



Finally, Jared and Lizzie had a blast making Valentine's cakes and brownies with Vanessa. Jared made a beautiful heart shaped cake for Miss Grosso which he decorated with a "G" in frosting surrounded by strawberry whoppers - delicious! He also made mini cakes for Liz, Luke and himself. There was also a large cake for our family. Finally, there were also brownies in both a pan and ice cream cones. They were quite tasty too!

Here is a pictorial view of what happened:


And here are the finished products BEFORE we demolished them (Jared did bring the cake for Miss Grosso to her the next day at school):



Phew! What a fun week we had celebrating Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

jen and michael said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome week! Thats my comment. - Michael

The Greathouse Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish that I were more motivated to be that creative. I'll steal some of your ideas for next year.

Lisa said...

How on earth did you have such a great experience cooking with your kids? They look so clean, happy, and they are stirring SO carefully. That's just not how it looks when we cook together at Casa Richards.

Well done, cousin!